London / Monaco: In what promises to be a bumper year for data center and cloud innovation and service excellence, the Datacloud Awards shortlist has been released. The results will be announced at the dinner and ceremony in Monaco on the evening of 7th June hosted by international celebrity Ruby Wax.As the bellwether for the industry, Datacloud Awards are globally relevant, and seek to recognize genuine innovation, service excellence and the continuing evolution of the sector and IT transformations underway.
Both the Data Centre Leadership and Cloud Leadership Awards, and the Cloud Above and Beyond Award will be announced at the event.
The shortlisted companies are as follows:
* Excellence in Data Centre Service Award: CenturyLink Technologies, EBRC – European Business Reliance Centre, Etisalat and VIRTUS Data Centres
* Data Centres Community Impact Award: Green IT Amsterdam and LuxConnect
* Data Centre Above and Beyond Award: CBRE Managed Services Ireland, Green Mountain, SICS North Swedish ICT AV and Zenium Data Center and KoçSistem
* Excellence in Cloud Service Award: DARZ GmbH, EBRC-European Business Reliance Centre, Skyscape Cloud Services G-Cloud and Sungard Availability Services
* Cloud Technical Breakthrough Award: Collabora Productivity, Cohesive Networks. Mambu for their FinTech cloud platform and SoftServe with OBH for Sense 360
* Upcoming Cloud Service Provider Award: 1&1 Internet, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise (ALE), Logz.io and RackBank DataCenters Pvt Ltd
* The Most Innovative Energy Solution Award will showcase the use of a disruptive energy innovation and the shortlisted companies are: Cloud&Heat Technologies GmbH, DigiPlex, Infosys Bangalore and LuxConnect
* Excellence in Connectivity Award recognizes high levels of service reliability and availability provided by cable, dark fiber and Internet Exchange providers. The shortlisted companies are: Cinia Cloud Oy, Equinix, Level 3 Communications and PCCW Global.
The awards this year bring new recognition for data center locations. Many agencies across Europe compete not only with each other, but also internationally and the award will offer a first in denoting industry distinction. The shortlisted locations were nominated by Fife Council, Host in Ireland and The Node Pole.
The ceremony will also include the annual BroadGroup Awards to an individual or company for achievement of the exceptional, and the European Commission will make awards for the European Code of Conduct.
“The global data center and cloud industry have truly come of age,” commented Gerd Simon, chairman of the Judges Panel, “and the Datacloud Awards, as the premier pan-European and MEAI event, uniquely reflects its importance and the ambition to achieve excellence in technologies and services. The Judges were delighted by the quality and breadth of this year’s nominations.”
Taking place in the exceptional backdrop of Monaco, the ceremony promises to be the most exciting night of the year celebrating the best and most innovative in the multi-billion dollar global industry that data center and cloud have now become.
Access to the dinner and ceremony is open to Gold ticket holders attending Datacloud Europe 2016.
5,736 total views, 4 views today