The main reason Google had taken a very careful look at EMDs (Exact Match Domains) was that a number of people were purchasing a domain name which was a perfect match to the keyword that they needed ranked for, after that filling it with scraped as well as useless content material.
As a result of heavy SEO weighting provided to an EMD during that time, such web pages were receiving higher ranks as compared to their content justified.
In order to deal with this problem, Google has recently changed the ranking formula to produce a significantly reduced weighting to EMDs. The effect was that the not so good websites vanished from the search rankings immediately. Instead of being listed on first page of the search results some might appear upon page 5 and even languish invisible straight down inside the supplementary outcomes.
It was considered by people involved like a ‘penalty’ for utilizing an exact match domain name, although it was really nothing at all of the kind. The web page simply obtains the rank position its information earned. This is the scenario as it holds now.
If you’re running a website for selling used cars, then the website name that contains that term is going to be fine. You won’t be penalized or punished for using it. Even so, it will not become a fast-track to a higher rank list for the
Do EMD (Exact Match Domains) still benefit?
Of course they do: possibly less than before, but there are still so many benefits of having an EMD name if you possibly could find one. Using your primary keyword in your website name is actually stronger as compared to using it as part of your web page or maybe post title. Described below are some other advantages of using an Exact Match Domain name:
- An Exact Match Domain name continues to be a ranking parameter & can really make a difference in your search results position.
- Your site visitors can easily see immediately what exactly your website is all about. In case someone is looking to purchase a used car, and sees a web address that contains the website name Usedcars, think where he’s going to proceed!
- You might be known as the prominent website in your market.
- Your brand name stands out as the primary search term for your product or service therefore much easier for customers to keep in mind.
- Exact Match Domain names are more inclined to be shown on web searches
- When people work with keywords they’re also making use of your web site name.
- Less possibility of potential site visitors misspelling your web site
There are so many other advantages, but these are enough to indicate that an Exact Match Domain name is a very good idea. On the other hand, always remember that the search engines continue to be searching for everything else it needs before you will get a top ranking.
You will still need to have useful, authoritative, well-written information, and also you still require back-links as well as mentions on social websites. An EMD isn’t sufficient alone. It could have been in the past, but not today!
For more information visit: www.sastahost.com
4,937 total views, 2 views today